Le Challenge #3 = Maritime

Le Challenge Here is my entry for Le Challenge Challenge 3 - Maritime:
"Regatta"
17" x 17"  
Paper pieced center design is the Sunshine block from Compass Collection from Quilting on the Square
I added the 1/2 " squares in the  border to represent numerous water events
Machine quilted with YLI clear thread


I think it looks very like a festive boat race! 

I tried really hard to do a continuous quilting design because I didn't want to stop and start so much. (very hard to quilt clear on white background as is...if you know what I mean)

There is still time for you to link up your idea of Maritime.  Come join in the fun.

Comments

It looks great! I love that little star in the middle. Thanks for joining in the fun!
I immediately thought of boat flags before seeing the title. Nice job!
DeborahGun said…
I love your fabric choices, and your quilting is amazing :-)
Rachaeldaisy said…
What a great compass!! Perfect fabrics to make you think of a Regatta. The quilting looks fabulous too, I love the pattern it makes on the back.
Beautiful - design, colours and quilting! Really, really like the thin border. Makes it all pop. Perfect "maritime" inspired piece.
Mack and Mabel said…
Lovely colour choices and impressive quilting. (I hate stopping )and starting too!
Great design and I love the nautical colours you have used.
Henry's Shed said…
This is gorgeous and the quilting is fantstic! :)
Sarah_L_N said…
Oh wow, I love it! And the quilting looks brilliant :)
Wow! Those little border blocks are brilliant and great quilting!
Kelli said…
Oh wow! AMAZING! Simply amazing. Great job!!!!
Nilya said…
Love the quilting!!!

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass