May Report Card ~ ALYoF = June

First, my June project.  I am making it an easy one:
My Modern BOM 2 Hour by Hour block. I have enough blocks done for a quilt I just need to put them together and figure out a way to quilt it with the spaces between. That is a challenge in itself but I am looking forward to it. :)

May Report Card

My OMG (Omaha Modern Quilt Guild) BOM for May is a "Ribbon Block" done by Lee over at www.freshlypieced.blogspot.com . I had some trouble with it so only made one. Not sure what I will do with it but it looks pretty with my blooming clematis! 

I do have lots of finishes:
(1) Modern BOM2 block for May was a "Stained Glass Block"
My finished quilt:

(2,3,4) Over at www.persimondreams.com I was participating in several challenges:
Fat Quarter Shop fabric bundle challenge was my "One Fish, Two Fish quilt"


I also did the My Favorite Block Quilt along and for this I did my "Hoot" Quilt.
In a random drawing for the winner I won a Gift Cert to FabricnQuilts..thanks so much!

And
the Patone Challenge which I also used as my personal Make and Use it or Wear it challenge.
I made a bag and a smaller carry all for sewing or whatever.


(5) I tried a new technique for the 2nd Le Challenge "wings" I made a 'shadow trapunto' mini quilt called "Reverberate"
I learned about this from Geta's Quilting Studio where she has a tutorial on this process. Really fun!
(6) UFO busting project from 2012 is my Lil Husker Twister quilt:

I am behind on my SkillBuilder blocks and quilting. That I think is small compared to my finishes. 

Lastly I will leave you with a link to a site my niece Tara has set up for a silent auction to raise money for Relay for life. My Birdbath quilt (design by Elizabeth Hartman) is on auction and it ends June 5th so if you are interested in it you can bid. 


Thanks for stopping by! I am going to try to make this month spectacular since it is also my bday month! :)

Comments

Jean said…
Wow you got a lot accomplished!

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory