New Blogger Hop and Project Quilting Challenge entry for 'Texture'

Big, big thank you to everyone who stopped by on the New Blogger Blog Hop hosted by Beth at Plum and June.  Everyone has been so nice and gave really nice comments. If you want to read all About me you can pop over Here


Here are the bloggers with me this week:

Stitched in Thyme
Factotum of Arts
The Sassy Quilter
Faffling
So Sew Green
The Rainbow Revolts
Little Mushroom Cap
Kayak Quilting
Sew Sunshine.......ME!

Just a reminder that Google Reader ends tomorrow so if you want to follow me you can follow me on Bloglovin'. Just click on the widget that I most recently learned how to install. :)

Today I wanted to share my Project Quilt off-season entry for June - "Texture" hosted by Kim over at Persimon Dreams.   I really struggled with this until I looked through some old vacation pictures of our trip to Alaska.  Early one morning, my husband and I chose to go on an excursion on this little island. I am so bad at labeling vacation pictures so I am not even sure where we were. All I know is that it was so cool. This pic doesn't do it justice but.......picture this: It was very calm and quiet.  My husband and I walked by the waters edge around this little peninsula.  There was a bench situated so you could look out over the water. Directly behind that was a path that took you into a forest. 

 We walked in and it was like we were transported to another world almost like a film set. It was very calm and quiet but for birds once in a while or an occasional twig snapping.  My quilt is my interpretation of all that I saw when looking out through the trees and darkness. 


Project Quilting Challenge - Texture
11 x 17 1/2
3 small scrap quilts made with batt and backing then added to the foundation which also has batt and backing. Free motion quilting and some thread painting. The thread painting I used a zigzag free motion for the first time and I love the way it looks and feels. 
I have not named this one yet??

This was really outside my comfort zone and so so fun! All the prints are Kaffe Fassett pieces I had in my scrap drawer. I just love how they look like many things in this form. I admit to reading a couple of Jean Wells books. Very inspiring.  Okay tell me what you think? Oh and that was hard to photograph! I am trying. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory