photo by Taura Horn
I was having trouble staying focused on things. My lqg is making a outreach quilt for a family that will be moving into a new home by Habitat for Humanity next year. We collected d9p blocks from our members and then worked on it for a few days.
This was so much fun to work on but it wore me out. My own projects have been suffering. Another lqg I am in met at Accuquilt for our meeting and we had use of the Studio cutters for some fun. I gathered up some fabrics and cut and cut and cut. Here is one piece I actually completed.
It is a long skinny wall runner and it perfectly depicts the weather right now. I wanted to 'try' to be creative so I came up with the idea to stitch a saying in the binding with my machine. After careful planning I STILL stitched it too close to the center of the binding so I had to fold it over a little further than I wanted.
It sort of worked out anyway. I tried the ladder stitch on my machine to stitch the binding down also. Not perfect but I like it.
So many things started so few finished but every little bit counts these days!!!
Linking up with Lorna @ Let's bee social HERE