Fits and Starts


First off, I finished a small version of the Libs Elliot "Weight of Love" from her class here a few months ago.  I am finishing the bigger one from class right now but I took time to play one weekend with some friends. They had a Accuquilt Go Big and so while they played around with these shapes I used my Hex n more Ruler by Jaybird Quilts and cut small pieces to play. This time I played with color and it came out looking like a "Persian Sunrise". I love it and have to say I don't mind sewing Y seams. 
Next up, I had to finish a kit I made up for Quilts for Kids. This was a design challenge last year in one of my guilds and this simple design by Maryann Morris won.  I had this cute flower fabric and made up the quilt with circles to match. This quilt would make a sick child smile so can't wait to turn this in so it gets to one soon. 


 Another local guild is having a quilt show soon and we are all asked to make up some things that would be great for a silent or regular auction. I wanted to make the Poolside Tote by Noodlehead for a long time so finally got after it.  This tote is huge and so roomy for whatever the occasion. 
The back side is just as cute as the front. 


They are also asking for pincushions so I made up a couple easy ones.  I would like to have them so I hope someone buys them and loves them like I do!


At the last sew day for our Modern guild, I did a dem on wonky houses. This is my nebraska weather house. It features: snow, rain, wind, cloudy and clear sky which is any given day here.  This little wall hanging will probably go to Habitat for Humanity to welcome home a new family. 

Lastly......
I took a little better picture of my CrossCut quilt along. HERE is my original post.

Linking up with Kelly@Needle and Thread Thursday from My Quilt Infatuation.

Comments

Turid said…
Wow, that hexie quilt is beautiful. And of course I love your pincushions.

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!