Woven for Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2017

Here is my second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy of Amy's Creative Side. Please click on the link to the Festival to see all the lovely entries from around the blogging world. 


This wall quilt is currently touring the state of NE because it was my entry in the Ne 150th Celebration of our statehood. There were 3 top places and then 6 of us had honorable mention quilts that got to tour with the winners. I have not seen this quilt since earlier this year and it has a few more stops before it makes it back home to me. It is a favorite of mine. 


 24 x 24 
Improv pieced wall quilt depicting Ne diversity
(More details on my quilt are in the link above)
 Very fun scrappy improv representing many aspects of Ne life and landmarks
Matchstick quilting is one of my favorite things to do. 
The piecing up-close represents the land and terrain in an  aerial way but when you look at the quilt from far away you see the city-scape of buildings and of course our capital building here in Lincoln. 

Comments

I love doing matchstick quilting, too! Congrats on getting honorable mention!
Quilting Babcia said…
Having driven across your state several times, I'd say this is a perfect interpretation of the landscape of much of the state. I love the matchstick quilting for this quilt.
Kairle Oaks said…
I've yet to make an improv quilt, but his really give me the desire to give it a try. It's amazing!
Karen S said…
Your quilt looks great. Congrats on having it tour the state!
audrey said…
Wonderful quilt! Congratulations on an honorable mention!
Tu-Na Quilts said…
Beautiful! I've driven thru your state many times. Congratulations on a job well-done. You must feel great to have it on display.
I've never done matchstick quilting. Considered it on the quilt last off the longarm. Congrats! on your inclusion to the tour. I'm off to see if your other post has more about the writing on your quilt...
Nancy said…
I love looking at photos of architecture, and now I love looking a your quilt with architecture. It really is fabulous! I love the neutrals and greys you used and the way you sewed them together.

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory