MIA - and a bit of Joy and Happiness

Here I am!! This has been a crazy fall and winter. Still working on the kitchen and dining room remodel. Slow going but almost there.  Some hold-ups along the way like a swollen pinkie finger that is impeding all that I do. Who knew that finger was such a big deal?  Besides that I really have not felt the best but on good days I have been working on a few things. 



I made a single ornament block for a holiday mini from the free patterns HERE at Sew Kind of Wonderful using the Quick Curve Ruler. I taught a class in Nov for a lqg on helpful tips in using the ruler.  On this sample I used metallic thread that gave me fits! I am not sure what I was doing wrong but eventually I finished the organic lines. whew...



For the class I created a simple block using only a few curves. The focus was on tips to achieving easy curves. I used some holiday fabric in this one and when finished gave as a door prize. 


My friend Kath won the door prize! 15 x 15

This is a 4 block sample of the same pattern made with the large QCR and made into a kids size quilt. approx. 48 x 48

And...this is one of my favorites. The same pattern made with the mini QCR and only three blocks. I love this sewing themed background fabric and used other sewing themed fabric to complete this wall hanging. approx 35 x 44

I put the binding on the back and then hand stitched long stitch to the front. Yep I have been terrible about taking pictures. I just can't seem to do it all. *** note to self to do better next year!

My friend Jennifer made a sample with the mini QCR with super fun Halloween fabrics. Turned out super cute. 

So in other news: 

Progress was made in recycling one of our old cabinet bases. We had to paint and add wheels and last week got the top on. It has been a welcome addition to our project. 

Also participated in the OMQG mug and mug rug swap.  Below is the lovely improv mug rug made by my friend Megan and I love the goodwill found mug. 


This is the mug rug I made. It is a feather made with the QCR and I found this soup mug that says "Homemade just for you" on it. 

Slightly on a roll with a few projects I pulled out this old mini wall hanging and put the striped green binding on. Another one bites the dust.....


Paper pieced 16.5 x 21 mini wall hanging. I believe the free pattern is from Kelby sews and can be found Sew Mama Sew. I love the scrappiness of it but I didn't quilt have the contrast right but I 'Love' it anyway..haha


I tried some Sashiko stitching with Blair of Wise Craft Quilts. I have two more coasters to make but they are a bit more tricky and I am waiting until my finger is better. 

More journal covers based on the tutorial from Blossom and Bloom. I made these for the quilt guild board members I worked with this year.  






Of course I forgot to take a pic of the one from my friend Jen. ack...

Our guilds Holiday Party was a murder mystery. It was a themed at a winery and several members were pretending to set up a quilt show. A few of us has to make a block that could possibly provide clues as to who the murderer was. Below is my block. I had fun making up some wine bottle names. 

 But guess who was the murderer...mild mannered Jen. I did not have a clue she could be so ruthless!! haha

So you can see there has been some work going on at my house. I hope to get back to blogging better in the new year. 
I do have some Christmas gifts made but will share those later. Right now just trying to hold it all together and get to the end of the year, finish more of the remodel project and get my sewing room in order for some serious sewing and quilting. 
Thanks for stopping by. 
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
I hope what you do brings you joy and happiness each day!!

linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts Let's Bee social

Comments

Jen said…
Omg I just wrote a blog post exactly like yours haha! If you go there, I have a photo of the awesome journal you made me. I love all the journals you made, customized for each person. So cool! Thanks so much for all the fun in 2017, I'm so thankful we are friends! ❤

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain