A day late to finish my goal for August ALYoF but it is finished now none the less. It took me all month to work up the strength (not felt the best) to tackle doing a swirl FMQing design of some sort on this quilt. I figured since it was a scrap stash quilt why not? Many hours of breaking thread and neck ache but it is not too bad for my first time.
You can really see all of the quilting on the red part on the back.
The swirls are not so bad but the traveling part I rarely met up with an already quilted line. I think it is because I can not see that great. I have to quilt without my glasses so I can get close but I can't see around the darning foot. I need more practice no doubt about it!
A finish a day late. Oh well. 54" x 60" approx. Scrappy stash fabrics and boat block from the SewCanShe BOM from July.
Onward to a new month and a new project to finish.
For September I am going to try to tackle the backing and quilting of the Mod Olive Quilt I did in a recent QAL.
It has been folded up but the scraps and fabric for the back are sitting on my work table so it is a must finish or lose the fabrics I am holding onto for this backing.
Linking up with: