P.Q. 13. 6 is a flying geese challenge


This weeks Project Quilting Challenge 13.6 is Flying Geese.  This is an easy block to incorporate into a challenge quilt. I am still trying to use my stash and patterns and rulers and oh.....flying geese temperature quilt sitting and waiting on the corner of my ironing board...Yes please. 
You see I made myself a birthday month quilt top back in 2019. I had big plans of making a bigger quilt with my birthday month, my husbands and our wedding anniversary month. 
Then I made my birthday month using a book by Carl Hentsch published by C and T publishing  called New York Beauties and Flying Geese. It is foundation pieced on paper but....I don't like to do foundation pieced blocks on paper so I made freezer paper changes. Okay so that worked but it WAS work. I loved the look of the blocks but not doing them. 

I think I made my block long enough ago to sort of forget how much I didn't really like doing it. Ha
I still don't have mine quilted and I am pretty sure I will not be making another block but I Do love seeing how different the temperature colors worked out for my husbands birthday quilt. 


The temperature gauge I made for mine and the fabric pull for this project WAS near by.(it literally sat on the floor beside my ironing board for well over a year before I got tired of not using those fabric solids and put them ALL AWAY months ago) On the corner of my ironing board I had some templates and the gauge. I was able to refind most of the fabrics on this list. 


I didn't really remember how easy or not it was to put this together so I used some trusty glue to help get the curves done. All I can say is that I am stopping there. This project of flying geese was perfect for me to get it off my ironing area and to get my husbands block done so that I can be done with this pile of stuff. It is a relief and it is also a blessing I think that this is the last Project quilting challenge this year. Our anniversary is this month and I think it is very fitting and encouraging to get mine quilted up now and hang up on our wall for our anniversary. 

I am linking up with : P.Q 13.6 so go check out other entries.
and
My Quilt infatuation NTT
and 
ninamarie at off the wall friday
and
put your foot down for the love of geese


Comments

Danette said…
A very lovely quilt for this challenge!
You did a wonderful job on the challenge. Such a vibrant, happy quilt.
LA Paylor said…
beautiful!!! I have that book but haven't tried it yet. I made improv geese for my PQ but haven't done the post yet. Did you make all this in the one week? wow! That's been the biggest challenge for me is getting it all from start to finish done in a week... whew. I'll be glad to have the pressure off after this last one is dusted.
Mkjones said…
I love this one. Especially your color choices!
PaintedThread said…
This is a beautiful piece. Love the colors and the layout.
PersimonDreams said…
this is gorgeous! Love your take on the temperature quilt ;) Beautiful block but I can understand why you don't want to make too many more!
Glue? Another great idea for piecing the curves (that I didn't think to use in my own PQ13.6!) I'm somewhat confused at how these arcs translate into a temperature quilt, Kris. It certainly made for an absolutely stunning wall hanging!! Best of luck on quilting your own birthday quilt. Happy anniversary!
So glad you came back to this, you did a great job and I love using glue. I have a pattern for New York Beauties coming out in May with no curved piecing. Thank you so much for linking up to Put your foot down.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...