Hands2Help -22

I am once again participating in Hands2Help comfort quilt challenge. This year Mari @ Academic Quilter is hosting. You can find out more information by clicking on the link above.  

I chose the Little Lambs Foundation for Kids again. 
I am also working on several comfort quilts for my local Quilts for Kids
So far I am working on an idea for a scrappy quilt.


I am using bright or solid 6.5" squares I cut out of a box of scrapped FQ's. I have just enough to make the quilt using my randomly sewn together scrap strips. 






I think this is going to work and be fun!! I made a couple sample blocks and love the wonky mix mash of strips. We shall see.

In other progress lately, I worked on a Kawandi quilt. This is handmade quilt starting from the outside in. I did not use batting in mine as I was not sure how it was going to work. I turned under the edges of the top most pieces and stitched it all down with big stitch. 


I really liked the process but ended with a bit of extra fabric base in the middle. It lays almost flat and I bet I can block it to make it comply. It was very relaxing to stitch so I may do this again. 

I also finished a leader and ender quilt top. All those pesky triangular pieces left when you clip your binding pieces together?


I sewed them to random whites and beige squares. I love the look. This is one of several quilts using the bits up. While it is tedious to save those pieces I love the idea of something from almost nothing. 

and my favorite one which I can't find right now..natch!
Anywhooo I am not sure how I want to quilt this one so will ponder a bit on it. 

linking up to the Academic Quilter easy pattern party for H2H HERE




Comments

Mari said…
What a great idea for a colorful, happy quilt that uses a bunch of scraps. Thanks for linking it to Hands2Help!
Awesome scrappy projects, Kris!!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...