Easy Delectable Mountain x 3

"Delectable X 3"
60" x 69"
hand quilted big stitch white cotton 30wt thread
I finally finished this UFO recently. Several years ago already, I got together with my friend and fellow quilter Jen and we did a batch of indigo and other dyes. I had picked up a thrift old sheet. This sheet was super tightly woven and soft. I tore it in pieces and did some dye folds then didn't know what to do with the different ones. I decided as a background for this easy Delectable Mountain block 3 prong version it would be great. I played around with the traditional 4 prong but liked this bolder 3 version better. I made an easy tutorial HERE
.

The sheet has a border of flowers in blue and green so I decided to just use it in this quilt and it is my favorite part!




Today my friend and I went down  to the sunken gardens and to the rose garden and took some pics. 




I did some big stitch hand quilting in white for this piece. The sheet was a little tight for the bigger thread I used but I found some finger grippers that helped to latch on to needle to pull it through. 


There are several ways to lay this versatile block out and I experimented a bit in my tutorial so go check it out. 



The gardens were soooo pretty today!



I love all the different textures the different dye pieces make. If you make this block let me know. 

linking up with Can I get a whoop whoop @ confessions of a fabric addict
and
Finished or not friday @ Alycia Quilts
TGIFF @Kathleen McMusing
Peacock party @ Wendy's quilts and more

Comments

Thanks for the tutorial link, Kris. Your indigo mountains are gorgeous!! I've always wanted to make a Delectable Mountain quilt. Now might be just the time for it!
That is a perfect use for that fabric!!! it is a gorgeous quilt!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Japandi - a bee quilt