Scrappy Corner bits and a Pieced Heart


First up, my scrappy corner bits quilt is done. I love how the different color solid square background adds interest to all the scrappy rainbow bits. 


Up close of my happy ...um design element! can you tell what I did? 


My pics today were either too sunny or too dark. Oh well, this quilt makes me happy.  All the colored triangle bits are left over (throw-away) binding cut offs. 


40 x 46 inches approx. 
diagonal straight line quilting through each block

...and one of my stash backings I have had for a while. Colors in it are perfect!

So fun!
Next up is a quilt I made for a graduating h.s. great niece. I have no idea what she will think.

This is the "Piece and Love" quilt by The Cloth Parcel
70" x 81"
I ordered the kit for this a while ago from Craftsy..when they 'were' Craftsy. I think the colors are fun and modern. I am hoping that will appeal to my g.Niece. Also she is planning to go into some kind of healthcare so I think she might like this. 


The heart piecing is especially fun and I love the crinkle stitching I did just in that area. 





I backed it with a minty print and a little corner of aqua solid where I put the label. I think with all the solids on the front it was necessary to add some print.
as with her older sisters quilt that I made a couple years ago I added an old quilt block that my mother (her great grandmother) made. 
This one sort of popped with the print backing fabric. I am worried a bit that it is not made the best and the solid is the old 36" wide muslin. I washed it before I added it and hope it washes as a whole with the quilt without much difficulty. To secure it down I quilted big stitch just through the backing in aqua around the solid parts. 
Added a little saying and a sketch of g. niece.

I hope it all washes well and I can get in the mail soon. 



linking up with Wendy for TGIFF
For the love of Geese for Put your foot down
Wendy's Peacock Party
Alycia quilts HErE
Sew Scrappy HERE

Comments

Linda said…
What a fabulous quilt! Your great niece will be delighted to receive this. Great story to go with it too. Love your crinkle stitching - so effective.
Congratulations of TWO fabulous quilt finishes, Kris!! Honestly, I thought your "design element" was intentional. I absolutely LOVE your scrappy rainbow quilt!
I love your scrappy corner bits quilt! I can see why it makes you happy! That is really fun!
Sandy Panagos said…
All great finishes! I love the backing for the scrappy corners quilt.
Kat said…
Gorgeous heart quilt! Your niece will love it!
Jenny said…
Your scrappy corners quilt is lovely. I have a whole heap of blocks like these hanging about somewhere, wonder where they are?
piecefulwendy said…
Both quilts are fantastic! I always think I'm going to use my little HST bits and make something, but I always lost interest. Your little HST quilt is so fun with all the little bits of color. The heart quilt really turned out nicely, and what a neat idea to add a quilt block of your mother's. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!
those are both great!!! That Heart one is really cool! I bet she LOVES it!!!
Beautiful and cheerful finishes. I am certain your g niece will love the heart and love the crinkly quilting. Thank you for brightening my day and linking up to Put your foot down.
Debbie said…
Love your scrappy triangle quilt!
The quilt for your grand-niece is fabulous. How can you even doubt her love for it. What a treasure to include the block from your mom, her great grandmother.
tonya steele said…
I love your scrappy corner bits quilt! Awesome quilt finishes too. I am hooked on your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain