Scrap Bustin'

Scrap Bustin' is one of my finishes so far this week. 
50 x 60 approx.
My scrap drawers are full of strings and crumbs but I also found partial Fat Quarters and thick strips in some bags laying around my sewing room. I decided to use more of the neutrals I had and cut them into 6" squares and then logged around them with random sized strips and then cut them up again and sew them back together in a cross type pattern. 


More scraps and an orphan block used up on the back along with the strange purple print fabric I had in my stash. 

I am so happy that I was able to bust out and use up a bunch of scraps but I will just admit that I have so so so many more scraps to use. How about you?

My new Babylock Jane!!! I love this baby so far. This is an industrial machine very similar to the Juki 2010. I love the fast speed and I love love love that it sews over different thickness and doesn't break the thread!  I bought this machine from a local dealer here in Lincoln at Sew Creative. If you are interested in knowing more about this machine call and talk to Paul he will hook you up. Really this machine is so wonderful. I actually quilted this one and a small crib quilt in the same day. 

Linking up with Persimon Dreams Scrap Quilt Challenge

linking up to Let's Bee social
and
My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
and 
Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday

Comments

Heide said…
So bright and Cheerful, Love it!
This quilt is just gorgeous! I've been doing a bit of "scrap bustin'" myself lately. It's great to be able to use up every last bit of treasured fabric and have it last forever in a quilt.
Sharon said…
Fantastic scrappy quilt!!!
Debbie said…
What a terrific scrappy quilt! And congrats on the new machine!
I love this! It's improv, but you had a plan, and I bet it was pretty quick to piece. Perfect! And SO pretty! Thanks for sharing. You've inspired me!
I love this! It's improv, but you had a plan, and I bet it was pretty quick to piece. Perfect! And SO pretty! Thanks for sharing. You've inspired me!
Kat said…
Awesome scrap quilt! Love the colors!
Gemini Jen NZ said…
I love scrap quilts! Yours looks awesome. I am still building up a stash of scraps but am getting closer to having enough to make a quilt...one day!
Schulz Family said…
Love your scrapbusting. I do a bit of that but mine don't look so coordinated!! Love the photo at the top of the blog.
What a fun scrappy quilt...and I like the quilting!
It's a huggable quilt, for sure! Love all the use 'em up pieces in it!
Sapphire said…
I do love myself some scrap busting. Love this quilt
TerryH said…
Love your quilt! Looks so Cheerful and Happy.
Good for you! What a lovely way to use up those scraps! I am always so impressed when I see beautiful quilts like this from people's scrap bins. I always assume that my scrap bins would never generate such lovely results!
Ariane said…
It's beautiful!! I love it!

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory