Hygge


"Hygge "
12.5 x 37.5
freemotion quilting random designs
Hygge - Danish word roughly translates to coziness. I came across a news show one night about a year or so ago that was talking about searching for Hygge. I fell in love with how this little word can be and mean so much. 
Hygge pronounced hoo ga, can mean an atmosphere of relaxation and gratitude. 
A feeling of contentment or well being, a sanctuary. 
Hygge can be the smell of cinnamon buns baking or the warm toasty feel of a fire place on a cold night. 
Hygge can be a smile in passing or a tip of the hat in greeting.
Hygge can be taking pleasures in the presence of gentle soothing things. That is why I made this word banner to hang in my sewing room.  


Linking up with crazymom quilts

and can I get a whoop whoop

Comments

That turned out well. LOVE how you pieced in color for the background of the letters! You did a beautiful job with the quilting.
Magpie Sue said…
Beautiful quilting, and what a great way to interpret hygge!
Cathy Melancon said…
Thank you for your info on hygge. I love your wall hanging and the quilting is fantastic! Well done!
Oh that's so much fun - and perfect to have hanging in your sewing room!
Tove Marie Bach said…
I am a dane, and I think it is great to see you like this little word so much that you make a quilt - a beautiful quilt :-) It is a fantastic word, and we could all do with a little more "hygge"

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass