Hand dye scrappy HST


For some reason I found a few pics of this hand dyed quilt I made last year and realized I never posted about it. 
I had a stack of hand dyed fabrics from various dye classes and decided to match them up with some lighter turmeric dyed fabric I made. All HST's made in groups of 4. This was super fun and fast to make. 


Lots of trimming!


I was inspired by this little arty thing I drew.


The mix of colors worked pretty well. In person some of the dyes looked more muddy and I was glad this shows the contrast and how they did all work together.


Leftover square sets went on the back.


I decided hand quilting was best.
It is big stitch. When I entered this in the county fair last year I heard the judge called it a toenail catcher. I don't get that....?


I'm going to have to dig it out of storage to get the size but it was big enough to have to use my quilt hanger. 

Well I know I still have some hand dyes to work with so maybe another scrappy type quilt this year. 
I have to go see what other things I have not posted! 

Linking up with Kelly for NTT thursday @My Quilt infatuation


Comments

Kathy R. said…
Very pretty and colorful.

Popular posts from this blog

I am...

Remember when

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1