Almost the end of the month and I just finished my June project for A Lovely Year of Finishes at Fiber of all Sorts and Bittersweet Designs. A tiny bit a head of the game for once. :) This is the quilt I made from the Modern Block 2 for May at Sew Mama Sew.
I had a really hard time deciding how to quilt this one. I wanted the solid cream spaces to have some fun quilting inside. I am still really new at FMQing so I wanted to experiment. I started with a walking foot and did a double line grid overall. Then I tried making circles with a free motion foot, then the BSR foot, and then....gave up and did all my circles with my walking foot. Yeah, it was hard but they look so much better than doing those big circles free motion. I need more practice is all I can say!
I really need to work on taking better pictures. The bottom was just taken after taking it off the fence. Not sure why it was so dark. It has been stormy here off and on the last few days. I am trying to do better. If the sun comes out I will try again. :)