A Lovely Year of Finishes - June

A Lovely Year of Finishes

Almost the end of the month and I just finished my June project for A Lovely Year of Finishes at Fiber of all Sorts and Bittersweet Designs.  A tiny bit a head of the game for once. :)  This is the quilt I made from the Modern Block 2 for May at Sew Mama Sew.


I had a really hard time deciding how to quilt this one. I wanted the solid cream spaces to have some fun quilting inside. I am still really new at FMQing so I wanted to experiment.  I started with a walking foot and did a double line grid overall. Then I tried making circles with a free motion foot, then the BSR foot, and then....gave up and did all my circles with my walking foot. Yeah, it was hard but they look so much better than doing those big circles free motion. I need more practice is all I can say!


I really need to work on taking better pictures. The bottom was just taken after taking it off the fence. Not sure why it was so dark. It has been stormy here off and on the last few days. I am trying to do better. If the sun comes out I will try again. :)

Comments

Pretty quilt! I love the back too. The circle and grid line quilting together is a neat idea.
Béa said…
Wow, love this quilt front and back & colour's choice XXX
Angie in SoCal said…
It's gorgeous. I'm just working on one that looks similar, but my circles are made of two semi's and I'm calling it Flower Baskets.
Love the colors you used.
Vicki said…
Very, very nice!! I can't imagine doing circles. The quilt in your header is wonderful. You use your home machine to do circles? WOW!
Jenniffier said…
Congrats on the finish!
Very nice. I think your quilting looks FANTASTIC. Thank you for your tip in your hop post about Frixion pens and dinner plates. I may test-drive that soon. :)
Jen said…
So pretty in pink! I tried quilting circles with my machine once and it turned out horrible. Yours looks good!
Oh wow, i love these blocks, and great quilting, just perfect!

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory