The Geode test


 Geode Test 
48" x 48" 
This pattern is FQ friendly. I chose to use 3 colors because that is what I had in grunge. The background fabric has wonderful facet lines in it to go with. It is a super easy pattern to make and you can find it on FB above or HERE.
 It was so sunny today and hard to grab a pic. 
 I used all fabrics from my stash for this including this chevron backing. 
My husband was at a tool place and bought me this little laser guide. I used it to quilt across the blocks in several directions without marking. It takes a bit to get it in the right position but after that it was fun to sew. I will say that one of the batteries that came with it died after this quilt and the cost of replacement ones were a little over the price of a new laser.  I will see how long the new one lasts in there before I give my verdict. 

I tried to quilt more on my piece after going to the KC regional Quilt festival last week. There was so much quilting on each piece. For some fun pics of the trip with my friend Jennifer check out her blog post HERE.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social @Sew Fresh Quilts and 
Kelly at My Quilt infatuation
and Crazy mom Quilts finish it up friday

Comments

Jen said…
Cool quilt! I hate marking my quilting lines, so that laser looks intriguing!
Your quilt looks great! The laser idea is quite intriguing.

-Soma
Carla said…
Super pretty quilt. I love the laser idea and can't wait to hear your final decision about the cost/benefit analysis.
Lodi said…
Your husband is a genius!

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory