Remember when

I joined the New Blogger Blog Hop 2013?  (Check it out, I think my answers are still the same as what I wrote about then)
Wow that seems so long ago.  Guess what? I still love blogging about what I am doing creatively. This year it has been kind of a bumpy road getting back into quilting. I never stopped but had many delays last year because my husband and I decided to remodel our kitchen and dining area ourselves. 


This year I have been working on catching up with many outreach and charity projects.  I planned a project for our local National Quilting Day Celebration at the International Quilt Study Center and Museum.  Two quilts were made and donated to the local Child Advocacy Center.  Read more here about Love of every day things

I taught a class to help guild members be more confident with using the Quick Curve Ruler made by Sew Kind of Wonderful

This quilt made by members of the classes and 

the quilts you see HERE and HERE and HERE and yes............HERE all went to local chapter Lincoln Quilts for Kids. whew

So now some easy sewing for me and other projects I needed to get to. 

I am in a Bee group and I had the first prompt #japandi is what I chose. These are the blocks turned in with bits of mine and well, just bits. I love it so much and can't wait to get to it. 

 and my block for a Beemate with the prompt #mondrian neighborhood

I am liasion for a Sister Guild mini quilt swap between 2 modern guilds I am in: Omaha and Lincoln. I am making some simple name tags as a couple prizes.

I have been promoting entering in the local county fair for the last 7 years. My modern guild offers a prize for the best "modern" so I made a ribbon. 


and for me..... a small coil rug out of some old old fabric and cord I had. I don't now if I am the only one but we have an ice and water dispenser in the door of our frig. Well ice and water go everywhere all the time. Thus a small inconspicuous rug there. My husband is not convinced but I have tested it many times already. 


I am linking this post up with Lorna over at Let's Bee Social on her blog Sew Fresh Quilts. I first met her through the Blog hop and I have been following her ever since.  Below is a pixelated quilt I made of my mom called So Blue. This was a photo of me with her for a local paper because the Modern guild I help to found had a small exhibition. More about this quilt is in a video on the side bar of my blog page.  


Look at this list of fabulous people that were new to blogging back then:
New Blogger Blog Hop Participant Schedule

Here was the group I was in:

June 28
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Camilla @ Faffling

This is getting super long but.................
One of the things we all learned from the blog hop for new bloggers was...when you go to visit another blogger, take time to leave a comment.  Most likely they will go to your blog and leave a comment back. It is a lovely social circle that has been dying out as of late. I know that it is so much easier to tap a "like" or "heart" button in other social media. However, it is my humble opinion, that while those locales are totally fabulous, nothing beats the homey feel and attention paid to a specific visit to a blogging friend you have gotten to know, only from reading the details on their blog.  :)

linking up with Let's Bee Social and blogger friend Lorna!

Comments

Preeti said…
Love the Mondrian block. But the pixelated quilt is an absolute rock star - such a labor of love. The Love of Everyday Things is so impressive. I want to take my time admiring each block and the technique therein. I am going to add your blog to my reading list :-)
Kris said…
Thank you so much!
Lisa J. said…
Hi Kris. I am so with you on the blogging comparison to instagram. I would like to follow you but I can't figure out how to. Love all the quilts and especially the one of your mother and the Love of Everyday things.
Jereena said…
Love of Everyday things quilts are absolutely lovely and cheerful. Really cute blocks made with simple shapes. How useful is the fabric rug for the water dispenser. I have the same issue and this is a crafty solution. Thank you for sharing.
Kris said…
Hi Lisa, All you need to do is click on the followers button and it takes you to the Bloglovin line up and you click follow for the blogs you want to follow. Hope that helps. And yes, gotta love Instagram but.....?
Kris said…
Hi Jereena, yes the run has been really helpful so far and it is not so big that it is in the way.
Kris said…
or click the subscription button with your email. :)
I enjoyed reading your blog post, i popped over from Lorna Sew Fresh. I was in the blog hop, of I think 2014, it is hard to remember now! I particularly liked your mondrian block and your name badges. I love bright colours
Love your projects, Japandi and Mondrian are gorgeous! I agree with your last note, I don't always answer back by mail to a comment left on my blog, but always by visiting and commenting on the visitor's blog
as I have only just changed my blogger settings, I was unable to reply to your comment. I never leave my reply below, no comes back to check replies! The circles quilt started off fun, but became rather a drag. So many dropped out, you were always unsure if you would get a block back, luckily I did. Those of us who remained, really bonded.
Lorna McMahon said…
Thank you so much Kris for being such a great blogging friend! I am so glad we were in the hop together. Your work is beautiful and so are you!
Jen said…
I'm so glad we met through blogging! We've had so many fun times together and I'm looking forward to more!
Christine S said…
Your pixelated quilt is outstanding!!
Anonymous said…
Your pixel quilt is 100% amazing! Such a sweet thing to have a quilt of your mom. LOVE! Nice work.
Renata S said…
Love the name tags. Your use of color and shape are fantastic!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain