Pojagi style windows and other list finishes!!!!

Back when I was doing the remodel on my dining and kitchen areas, I ordered new windows. The east wall has these 4 short windows. They had custom metal blinds there before and because I sew in there sometimes they were covered with fuzz ALL the time. 
We replaced the windows and I had some simple ideas to cover them with but the one window was made slightly different than the other 3 and so nothing and I mean nothing can be installed there.  So I either had to choose outside mount which would be huge because the 4 together are over 120" or come up with something simple. 
One day I decided. Since I sew why not make simple a simple shade-type style curtain that lets the light through in a quilty way. 
I came up with these pojagi style panels. They are a gray weave look cotton with white, gray and grunge in the lighter areas.  They slide on simple cafe rods and can be taken down in seconds or put at different levels to let the light in. 


My sample turned out pretty cool. 
So yesterday I made 3 more. 


I think they look pretty cool in the morning when the sun is coming up. As the day goes on they look more like the one on the far left. That is the neighbors house blocking the sun there already. 


These sort of flow with the breeze and it gives me a sort of calm feeling. I love that I can pop one or more or all out and let the light stream in when I want to sew or just relax and enjoy how the light plays off the neutral shapes and seams. I want to try more pojagi in the future for a quilt. 

Another item off my list. What list you say? I made a list before my husband left for 3 days to go to his hs reunion. Every year he goes and I think I am going to get so much done. I never do. I usually putter around and when he is due to get back I clean up the house and he walks in. 
This year I made a list. Finish the pojagi windows...check! 
dye something....check

pillow cases I made and
I already posted about the dishtowels I made but thought I would show them in my kitchen with my new wall art!

Make Bee blocks (prompt: scrappy goose)......check


Make Journal covers for donation to ART market this fall...check


paint and hang metal art I bought on clearance....check and check

 beige before...now gray and metallic

finished an old UFO....check
Wonky house block from guild sew day demo.


I also took down a quilt that I made several years ago and never blocked and did that. Whew it was a great weekend for me. 
Plus it motivated me to think more kindly on list makers as maybe this is how they really should work....write it down and get'r done! I don't know as it has never really worked this well before. Anyway, jury is still out but while I am motivated........I dug out another old UFO and am practicing freemotion quilting on it. Stay tuned...I expect to finish that soon too!

Oh my parting treat ....I also tried a new recipe for a Paleo Banana upside down cake and it turned out picture perfect and scrumptious. 



Linking up with Let's Bee social with Lorna HERE
and
Tuesday Color with Dione HERE
and
Show off Saturday HERE
and
Finish or not Friday HERE

Comments

chrisknits said…
Wow, everything is awesome!! But I love your kitchen piece, so cool.
Wendy said…
wow! you have been busy! I am a list maker. Sometimes I cross nothing off and get angry with myself, other times I cross dozens of tasks off and feel elated! Love the window coverings.
Roxanne said…
Lists are a great help but sometimes I ignore them anyway. I don't want my "to do" to take over real life! Love these curtains you made. A lot. May I pin to pinterest?
Phew, that is a lot of progress! I love the pojagi curtains, especially the way the light comes through them I must give that a try sometime. Your other projects are all done to perfection too, even the banana upside down cake. Thanks for linking up to Clever Chameleon
Kathleen said…
I have always wanted to try making a pojagi panel. I love yours as window treatments. I really should try making some for the side windows in my family room. Replace those nasty metal blinds on mine too!! Did you use a tutorial to make yours?

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

Japandi - a bee quilt