plus Six makes EIGHT


makes 8. I was able to take some time since last months sew day for Quilts for Kids and get these beauties put together and quilted.  On our sew day in June several ladies brought squares to swap with some of mine to make the 3 scrappy quilts on the left. We used Allisons Tutorial: Easy stack cut and sew blocks over at Cluck Cluck Sew. 
These 6 plus the other two I previously made this year HERE and HERE make 8! 
Happy 8th Birthday Lincoln Quilts for kids group!!!


Here are some of the blocks we made during the day. 


I went to visit my sister one day and she helped me prepare for the sew day. We cut enough blocks for several quilts. 


You can see how fun the blocks are when they are coordinated or when they are scrappy! And they go together fast. I would recommend this as a group project. 

After quilting those in 3 days I had a feeling that my sewing machine might need some love. It is currently in for service. I am using my Babylock Jane to free-motion quilt another project. I don't want to use the word 'force' but if this is how I finally face my fear of quilting free-motion more often so be it. :)

linking up with Connie @ freemotion at the river 
and Let's Bee Social 
and Silly Mama Quilts WIP
and Kelly @My Quilt infatuation

Comments

Vicki in MN said…
What wonderful quilts, the orange/teal ones are my fav!
Kathy R. said…
Great quilts for a good cause. Having the blocks cut is a big help in preparing for the sew, you put a lot of work into this. I sew with a QFK group in New Jersey the first Saturday of each month and the finished quilts brought back the next month are amazing. We also have a person who prepares our sewing for the day and we can't say enough how much this is a big help and how much we appreciate it.

petuniakr@aol.com
Lisa J. said…
These are great quilts. Both the Co-ordinated ones and scrappy ones. Thanks for sharing the link. I think I might do this as a project with a couple of my buddies.
Jayne said…
What a batch of beauties! They look beautiful and lining them up on the fence...nice shot!!
Brooke said…
wow!!
how awesome!

thanks so much for linking up!
brooke@sillymamaquilts.com
Sharon said…
Awesome quilts for a wonderful cause! I have a Project Linus Group at church and may have to use this idea for our group...looks fun!
Melanie said…
All the quilts are amazing!!! They will be so well loved!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Japandi - a bee quilt