Triple Stash Bash


After finishing the community quilts last week I suddenly have the ability to work on some of my own projects. 
First up trying to use up some of the fabrics I have out of my stash. 
The tulip quilts are from a recently viewed Jenny Doan video. The tulip block uses some 5" charm packs and I happened to have one that is not exactly my style. So...."little house on the prairie" charms went into those. The rest is just scraps and bits that were big enough to fill in. 
Since my style is a bit more modern I wanted to see if I could successfully mix those tiny calico prints with some little more contemporary fabrics. 
What do you think?



Tulip one



Tulip two


Now this one is a fun stack and whack type quilt. Tutorial can be found over at Cluck Cluck Sew.
This really is a super fun quilt to make with whatever scraps you might have around. These fabrics I scrounged up were each 9" square to start. I found 2 sort of contrasting pieces and they became opposites once you see how the 'whack' part of this tutorial goes. 
I am sure I will be making more of these fun blocks. 


Wavy line quilting


3 finished quilts in about a week. All stash and all for Quilts for Kids local Lincoln  NE chapter. 

So another question....did I make a dent in my stash? I am just going to say ...not enough to notice so onward to more stash bashing!!! :)

Linking up with Lorna @Let's Bee social

Comments

Lisa J. said…
These are all such beautiful quilts. You must have made some dent in your stash no matter how small. I love all three but I'm partial to the pink one.
Three pretty quilts! I love the backing on the stack & whack quilt!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain