#loveofeverydaythingsquiltproject finishes


#Love of Everyday things quilt project
an Interactive Community Quilt project
2 quilts: 63 x 53
Blocks were made on March 17th National Quilting Day 2018
by the public visiting the International Quilt Study Center and Museum 
Lincoln Ne. 

Yesterday, May 4th,  the Museum celebrated their 10th Anniversary by having a Block Party. 
Thanks to some wonderful volunteer longarm quilters: Stephanie Jacobson and Patrice Steiner these quilts were done this week and ready to be on display throughout the weekend. 
Soon the community quilts will find a new home with our local Child Advocacy Center Lincoln Ne.


Thanks to Accuquilt!!  They loaned me an Accuquilt Go and some dies and with the help of Cindy, one of my sisters, we were able to cut tons of shapes to use for the blocks. 
If you are on Instagram you can check out #loveofeverydayquiltproject and see many of the smiling faces that made the blocks. 

(purple sweater is friend Phyllis and music note block is my friend Jennifer)


Some of the blocks were super creative


Quilty goodness!



Windham's Story fabric in Newsprint is one of my all time favorite fabrics and this is the 108" wide...bonus!


I made a computer label for each quilt.


Putting a sleeve on with wide binding was tricky. Because I could not block the quilts I had to get them flat and straight. 


3.5" single width facing


Holding my breath but they ended pretty flat!

and straight! 


Sheila Green and I setting up the quilts at the museum. We were on the planning committee for Nat'l Day. 


End of my driveway so I could get the second before the tree blossoms fade from sight. 

Comments

Gemini Jen NZ said…
Awesome work by all involved. Yes, that is an awesome newspaper print fabric - ideal for the backing.
Jen said…
I love the end of the driveway photo! Thanks for putting so much work into this project, the results are awesome!
travelinsewl said…
Such fun and happy quilts! Someone is going to adore them!
What an exceptional quilt project! All the blocks are stunning! True piece of art.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain