A Celebration Sew Day

Saturday June 16th is a celebration of the 8th year of the local chapter of Quilts for Kids Lincoln.   We have a small group that meets at the International Quilt Study Center and Museum on the 3rd Saturday of each month. It is a lovely location open to the public that visit the quilt house. 


I am doing a short demo on the tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew on Easy stack cut and sew blocks. The above piece is a sample I made up for a boy quilt. Those are sometimes hard to come by. 


Organic wavy line quilting goes fast and easy.


Quilts for kids label...check!



pieced back with a few left over strips.


Sadly it was super hot out and I have a hurt foot so I didn't go scouting for a good photo area. I stuck to the shade in the front yard.  eh..

So to get ready for the demo and sew day I took to my stash pile and decided to cut out squares for a variety of blocks. I think this tutorial will work well as a scrap quilt so anyone that comes can just grab a couple squares and sew up two coordinating blocks in about 4 minutes! YES 4 minutes to sew these blocks. I hope that anyone visiting the musuem will stop and make a block. :)  
I took these piles to my sisters house Wed. She is recovering a foot injury also so she was trapped into helping me cut up stacks of blocks...thanks sis!!


Because we are celebrating 8 years we must have some prizes...right? I picked up a few sewing things and then we have a new McAlisters Deli that is near the musuem so thought that would be fun too. 


I attempted to make these. I made a stiletto for myself last year and it is till holding up so I thought I would try it again.  I think they are great to use when piecing. 

Linking up with Let's Bee Social and 


Comments

Julie said…
How incredibly lucky you get to meet at the IQSC! I haven't made the pilgrimage, but next year for sure. Thank you for doing the work for Quilts for Kids. I'm sure your quilts brighten many kids' lives more than you'll ever know.
Kris said…
Yes we are very lucky that the Museum has such a great space and really embracing community.

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!