One monthly goal Jan finish -Old red barn

"old red barn"
Improv using orphan hst blocks 
37"x34"

It is finished! I will say I usually never have trouble with binding but I cut it too narrow and paid for it in a bit of wonky at the corners but the best part it is done. I didn't think I was going to make it since this is the last day of the month. 

I actually really like how the orphan blocks worked into the piece with some other blocks I made.  It is a reminder of my old farm place when I was younger with a big red barn and windmill next to it. We had a silo too but it was blue not read but I wanted to keep my color palette. If you don't see a barn, silo and windmill that is okay. Never know where my mind travels but I do like the composition itself. 

Here is the link for the original POST
You too can join the One Monthly goal challenge at Elm Street Quilts just click on over and get ready for Feb. 

Take me to the OMG Finish Link-up!

Used up some stash fabric in keeping with the black and white theme. 


Simple quilting of straight line grids. Nothing fancy or dense. I was thinking this might make a fun baby play mat. 


I did spend a little time yesterday doing some freemotion quilting practice pieces. You can follow along with Jess @Quilty Habit





These are my two samples for Jan. I really like the arches in the top one but the ribbon candy..not so much. :)


Linking up with Let's Bee social @ Sew Fresh Quilts and Crazy mom quilts

Comments

Patty said…
Striking quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish
Sophie Zaugg said…
I don't really see farm buildings but I love the graphic look of your Old red barn ! And the backing is perfect !
I can see where you would find the barn and silo. VERY cool piece!!

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!