WIP Wed ...the undoing

So I tried to do a Baptist Fan.....and I considered it a fail!! That was last week. It took me over 20 hours to rip out the approx. 28" x 60" of quilting that I had done.   My arcs were just too shaky. I had too many spots when I had to go backwards with my darning foot and I was blind to my marking line. ugh

It is all out now. I have not picked it up to work on again because I have had lots of other quilty things going on. 

Here are a few of the designs from the one of my guilds. I put together and quilted most of the quilts but I used the designs the members submitted. All the quilts will go to a local charity called Lincoln Quilts for Kids.  They send all the quilts to local hospitals for sick children.  I had a chance to take these pictures when we hung the quilts on the rails of the International Quilt Study Center and Museum.

Today I was off to the county fair where one of my quilt guilds meet. It needs some major help in revitalizing their exhibit programs and maybe next year the quilt entries will be up.  Helping with the judging today.

Linking up with WIP Wed @ Freshly Pieced 
Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts


Jen said…
I'm still so impressed that you put together and quilted all those quilts for kids! They look great! And so sorry about all the ripping :(
Lorna McMahon said…
What a gorgeous array of beautiful quilts for charity! How kind of you to do the quilting. Sorry to hear of your time spent ripping out all that quilting of the fans. Can't wait to see how you decide to finish this beauty!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

plus Six makes EIGHT

Remember when

Dahlia Dreams and the process of learning