Round Robin -Hole in the Barn Door
Last weekend some of my modern lqg members met up and had a bit of a sew in. Friday night we set up and did work a bit on some group projects and then Saturday we did the Round Robin score from Sherri Lynn Woods book. This is the second Round Robin I have participated in but the first one that I finished. I kept it pretty small at approximately 28" x 32".
I started the piece by making a "hole in the barn door" block but I didn't use a ruler. From there I framed it a bit with some other pieces from my curated collection. After 30 minutes we passed all our fabric and piece to the next person. We kept one piece of our own fabric and used it as our signature piece to use in each of the other participants quilts. We had a huge group so that meant lots of unusual fabrics in our palette.
These were the pieces. We ran out of time so I had a bit of all of these in my quilt but one.
I worked on this when I got home and tried to constructively size this down and give it a bit more balance. I ended up trimming some of the ruffly edges off and some of the bigger pieces down to size so they ended up on the back.
Simple spiral quilting seemed to fit the Hole in the Barn Door theme. It was a fun project to do with others and I highly recommend trying it. Improv sewing can be so freeing even if it is with someone else's fabric.
The sun was so bright so the colors look a bit washed out but still I think it turned out pretty well.
Linking up with Finish it Friday @Crazy mom Quilts