Path Interrupted - PQ 10.2


"Path Interrupted"
 is my Project Quilting 10.2 for the 
red, white and blue theme.
20" x 27"
improv pieced
improv walking foot quilting in a woven pattern of organic lines
made in Ne.
I have to admit that red, white and blue are not my favorite combination of colors. I thought about just using 2 colors but I could not think of what I wanted to make for this challenge. In the mean time I was getting the email updates from Amy's creative Side on getting started with Improv. I adore improv and while I have not been joining in on the daily challenges I have been following along. I finally thought to get myself unstuck on the PQ challenge that I would cut some strips of red, white and blue pieces and put some strip sets together. 


.....and what if I cut those strips up and inserted some other strips? I was starting to get a feel for where this was going. I love the dark navy batik print I found in my stash. I think it feels like trees or feathers. It was starting to feel like there was a path that I was on but that it was changing directions and being forced out of one place and into another. When I added the red into the mix I had to  admit that this piece was turning a bit more personal. The piece of kona I have had for a long time in my stash is a blue/black piece. I think it might be called Pepper. It is so not black when you put it with that and so not blue when you put it with navy. I really liked how it worked with the batik. 


When I tried to take photos outside the blue/black solid, though all from one piece, photographed in different shades. Not sure if you can see that here but I thought it was odd.


The snow was piled up and when I dropped this piece in the snow it actually twisted much like I have been feeling. I am not sure if this speaks to anyone other than myself but I am super emotional over it. I loved the process, the path it took me on. I love that it has a broken path. I love that it looks a bit anatomical. I love that the overall shape came out of a bit of playing and a bit of physical stress this week. 

linking up to Persimon Dreams PQ 10.2
and

Comments

Katie said…
I like this very much! About a sentence before you said it looked anatomical, it caught my eye that it looked like a human torso...and then you said it! (I'm not crazy!!!) And I also understand about the not-blue-not-black blue. I have some about that color in my stash and it migrates between the blue and black piles...when I work with the blues, I wonder what I was doing and move it to the blacks and vice versa. Maybe I need to do like you and use it!
Pamela said…
This is beautiful! I love the story of the creative process behind it too!
PersimonDreams said…
this is a beautiful piece. I'm so glad you let it come out and be. Sending you hugs as it sounds like you could use some. Take care of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

Japandi - a bee quilt