Where in the world is the Sunshine?


It has been ages since I have taken a few to post. I am glad to say that I have been working on things just not getting them posted. I am pretty pleased with some of my work but disappointed with other things in my life. Mostly, I have not felt up to a whole lot physically so getting a few things finished is a huge milestone of sorts. 
Lots of rain and yucky weather in my area but occasionaly I catch a glimpse of something beautiful and miraculous. 



So above is a bunch of curves sewn in a lqg pop-up workshop I put together. We did 4 different kinds of sewing curves. The ones with orange are being sewing into a crib size quilt and going to Quilts For Kids. It is really fun to have participants give me back the blocks they practice on and then they can go into a functional quilt for someone else. 


One of the members in our lqg bought and donated a huge amount of coffee cups. Since our guild meets at the International Quilt Study Center and Museum we often try to support the museum by making and donating things to help them raise money.  Saturday at our sew day we finished off the last 9 mugs with mug organizers. They really turned out cute. 


Another donation item they love to get is pin cushions. Our last guild meeting a member gave a talk on EPP so we all worked on making something. Here is one version of mine. 


And here are my blocks for my BEE group. The theme was to use the zodiac to find out what element we are. I am a water sign and a cancer.  These blocks represent pixelated waters, curvy waves and cancer constellation. 


Some of my BEE mates and a table full of our blocks! I can't wait to see what Jennifer does with all of these.  We have such fun in this group!



And...a few weeks ago my husband decided he wanted to run a trail out of town. He started on the edge of Lincoln and ran the trail halfway to Beatrice. I was in the car and stopped along the mile markers to make sure he was okay. I did get out a few times to check out the scenery. 





In the end he ran about 31.5 miles and I saw a lot of county roads. I planned a guild project and worked on an exhibit we now have quilts in so I will tell you about that in another post. 

While I complain of no sun, the days the sun has been out have been too hot for me to enjoy them. I hope to feel better soon and enjoy some of the summer. 

linking up with Lorna @Let's Bee social

Comments

Jen said…
Yay blog post!!! You are way ahead of me on that front, my friend. Love all the fun photos, especially the ones of the bee.❤ You have made so many cool projects. You rock!
Tu-Na Quilts said…
Very interesting post! You've been busy sewing things. I want to get to the International Quilt Museum one of these days.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Japandi - a bee quilt