Holiday Spirit


Trying really hard here ..to get that holiday spirit going. I hurt my back before Thanksgiving and have been watching numerous holiday movies. Normally I don't go there but I found out they are in abundance out there. Since being lade up, it has been kind of nice watching. I know many are sorta sappy but occasionally you find the diamond in the rough. 
Anyway I spent quite a bit of time not moving around much. To get me going, I decided to cut some curves and decided to do the QCR Giving Tree pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful. Cutting is super easy and fast with the mini ruler. I was able to sew a few at a time and then put it all together. 
 


I used a Guterman thread that is not metallic but more holographic. It was perfect. It shines green where it is green and white where it is white. And best of all no breakage like some metallics. 


I had hoped to take a pic when the snow was here but I was moving too slow to get it done it time for that.  Still it is done. Well, I had an idea to decorate with some fun corded garland with snowflakes on it that I have and maybe some ornaments made out of old covered buttons but I have not decided yet. hmmmm?

Anyway I saw this cute gnome block from a few years ago on the Sew Can She blog and thought maybe I have some more holiday oomph in me and can make some placemats for my nieces 4 kids. 


They really didn't take too much time and they were fun to quilt snowflakes on. I did a decorative stitch on their big noses and bubbles or ribbon for beards too. 
I think they turned out pretty cute. 


I found this cute holiday script fabric in my stash. Since I have done no holiday shopping this year, I was glad to use some of my fabrics and make a few gifts. 

My sister dropped by with a puzzle that I think may be next on my list to do. 


Happy Holidays everyone!

Linking up with My quilt infatuation
and 

Comments

Sorry for your back, I hope you are better now. Lovely tree, a lot of curves! I love your placemats too, fun little pocket for candies ;)

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass