Before the Fall...


It has been ages since I have posted here. I had great intentions of course but just never seemed to get to the sewing machine much and so I felt I had nothing to post. On clearing off my phone photos I found I DID have some things of a creative nature going on. So first up is a newly made berm. We had a huge pile of dirt left over from replacing our front stoop and so we dumped here in the back yard and  tried my hand at a bit of landscaping.  My husband made a small bubbler out of a huge rock from the farm and I planted. 
We loved all the bees and bugs and butterflies this summer. The birdhouse was also added and I can not tell you how much time we spent watching a family of wrens being created!



Some of the amazing summer color. 


Then right before the county fair and an outdoor quilt show I was going to participate in I fell at an outdoor guild swap sale. I don't even know how I did it but these knee bruises are post fall by 3 weeks. I still have bruising and scar tissue twinges after a couple of months. ick



Then this amazing one day out door quilt show at Wolfe County Farms. It was so cool to see quilts draped all over the farm. One of my guilds had a Modern quilt display. 




Three of mine that I entered. 


I drug my friend Jen along to the show and she helped hang up the quilts. Our friend Liz, a fellow guild member and Beemate had one of our Bee quilts entered and Jen and I are in that Bee so we took a quick snap with her quilt. 


Next up for the summer was the county fair. Yes I entered 7 quilts and did I take any pictures...NOPE! ugh
I did get 2 Blue, 2 reds and a white and 2 nothings. It was our most quilts taken in at the fair ...110. I helped with judging and white-gloving. It is always a fun time. 
Anyway since I didn't take any pictures I have a pic of a recycle project I started. I saw an IG post of making a bag out of tshirt strips and decided I will try for a rug. I am crocheting it together with some cord I had. Got to start using stuff up right...?

Went to a free fun exhibit at the IQM with talk by Freddie Moran and her fun faces. Currently still up at the Internation Quilt Museum HERE




Quilt as you go potholders, gluten free coconut muffins, upcyle denim journal cover, gluten free bagel bites...oh my!


Working on a quilt pattern I found on the Tilda fabric website. I luvvv me some dresden plates and had to try. So fun. The most sewing I have done all summer I think. 

My niece to the far L celebrated her 60th this year. We are one year apart. I am in the purple. I made a collage of prints from all the decades for her for her bday. Fun journey down memory lane.
Finally, it has now turned to fall and my husbands birthday was yesterday. Tried out a gluten free mix that turned out pretty good. 


Last but not least, My friend Jen and I went to small town Bennett for fall festival this last weekend. Saw lots of cute stuff and hung out for the morning. 


 Now to get back into the swing of creating and posting. 
Happy Fall everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway