P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory



This week Project Quilting theme was Sky Color. Well I immediately thought of using scraps as I have little piles of partially used FQ's and such on every available surface and in baggies in drawers. (doesn't everyone?)

I am calling this one "All Glory" it measures approx. 56" x 70"ish



I tried to be organized and use up whatever of the scraps I had. Bigger pieces went into 6", 5", 3.5" 2.5" and finally these rectangles.
The pattern I used is a free tutorial from Kitchen table quilting
called "Valued scrap quilt"
I felt this lent itself perfectly to making sky color happen!

 

One of my husbands snaps of pasture gave me the idea to mix a variety of scraps.


After cutting a variety it was a matter of using them all up. What was once going to be a crib quilt turned into something bigger.
I made the colored scraps I had cut fit. 


Went to my usual spot for a quick pic. The snow was not so bad here. 


I was hoping for an early morning sunrise but it has been blah here except for a little sun this afternoon. I will stick with my husbands inspiration picture for the actual sky colors. 

Linking up with Persimon Dreams
Click on link to go see other entries in this challenge. 

You can see my first P.Q. 15. 1 challenge piece HERE (Bird house)
Linking up with My quilt infatuation NTT

Comments

Kathy E. said…
Wow! This quilt is beautiful! Just think of what all those pretty scraps of fabric waiting in bags, drawers, boxes can do when put together like this. Awesome work!
Nikki said…
So cool! Great job getting it completed in one week!!!!
Gorgeous quilt! I'm impressed you made an entire quilt in a week!
PaintedThread said…
Scrappy quilts are so much fun. I love how this one turned out.
PersimonDreams said…
This is BeAUTIFUL! It's amazing how much using rectangles (versus squares) really changes the look. LOVE what you've done!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

Japandi - a bee quilt