Project Quilting Time: 15:1 Bird house


Because I did a lot from my stash last year, and patterns, and even my scrap pile I decided to do the same again this year. I made a plan to finish UFO's and sew what I could from what I had. Most were given to charities and other outreach organizations in need. It made me feel that my skills in quilting were not wasted. 

So here we go again............
P.Q. 15.1 hosted by Kim over at Persimon Dreams
and prompt creator Trish
we are ready to set sail into the new year.
First up: Bird House

This one is called "Birds on the Berm"
40" x 49"
stash scrappy fabrics, straight line quilting domestic 
Pattern "Birdsong" by SKW using mini curve ruler
adapted size for crib

A couple of years ago we put in a berm and some birdhouses in our backyard. This has been endless source of amusement to us. Especially the birds swooping down into the plants and bathing with the moisture on the sedum. 


The bird patterns are a bit tricky but they magically come together to make such a cute bird. They have 3 d  beaks even though you can't really see that from here. 
I used variegated metallic fabric that looked a bit feathery. 


resizing meant changing up leaf sections a bit



I thought the lattice type diagonal quilting would be fitting for viewing the birds.

Overall, a sweet and simple project that I am sure someone will love. 

Linking up with Kim and Trish HERE 
go see some of the other entries for this week!





Comments

PersimonDreams said…
This is so gorgeous! Those birds are adorable !Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...