Since joining this Blog Hop I have learned so much and am still in the process of making everything better. I have added an About me page HERE (quilty pics) and a couple bits about why I started my blog. More quilty pics Quilt Gallery . In a nutshell, it is a tribute to my Mom and all the quilty-ness and crafty-ness I grew up with. My Mother was very creative in so many ways. I am one of 10 children and so she 'had' to be creative and know how to make things from not much.
1. resin on photo keychain 2. reading a yard of books 3.magnet note holder 4. building a shed
5. rag rug 6,7,8. earring making
9,10. bracelet making 11. quilted letters tote 12. doll making
13. hand puppets 14. shower table of food 15. quilted zipper bags 16. frame purse
**One thing about me that not many know is that the things I make from nothing (or almost nothing -found objects or given things) are the ones I cherish the most and hate to give away. Crazy I know.
1. Take time to learn everyday. I spend bits of time online and with other blogs and love what I see going on in the quilt world. Instead of rushing out for the latest ruler or pattern I take notes. If I truly love it and am sure it is not a fad with me I will think about getting the item or joining the group doing it. Otherwise, stay calm and work on what you have. Starting things is great but finishing things is soooo wonderful.
2. I do not like basting quilts so I pin baste with the Kwik Clip tool. It makes it so easy and no sore fingers.
Frixion pens are FaB-U-Lous! In my recent post seen HERE I marked all the circles on my partly cream colored quilt with a RED Frixion pen and a dinner plate. I quilted with my toes crossed since my hands were busy and then...you just iron over the pen marks and it is gone!!!! LOVE THIS!
Lastly, I won this Havel Embroidery Scissors at my Quilt Guild. Good grief....if you don't have a sharp scissors handy for threads and tiny clips you are making life too hard. Get a sharp scissors...oh and don't skimp on rotary blades either.
Blogging tips: Well....I am new so I don't have much to contribute yet. All I can say is do what you can do by learning from wonderful blogging opportunities like this one from Beth from Plum and June blogspot. Take one challenge at a time to fix and make better. Make friends and take some constructive help. Don't forget that you are working on this blog because you love to quilt and create. So make sure you are doing that and not caught up in the perfection of a blog or picture. Most other bloggers that love to Quilt know this is true and why we are here to begin with.
**Stuck on making tabs with drop down menus. Promise to figure out and get Tutorial working and ways to add Quilt from past finishes.
In the meantime....enjoy the other bloggers (below) for this week on the New Blogger Blog Hop.
Friday, June 28
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Amira @ Little Mushroom Cap
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Paula @ The Sassy Quilter
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave me a comment.