Scrappy Happy Time - Finish
Thank you Maureen Cracknell for your QAYG Scrappy Herringbone quilt tute!!! HERE. I saw it at the end of September when she posted it on her blog and I knew I had to give it a try. My scrap boxes were overflowing.
-many misc. odd colored bobbins were emptied while piecing the strings
-on each strip I did straight top-stitching, a feather stitch and a cross-hatch
(Those turned out so great I wish I would have used several colors and done more of the decorative stitching.)
Since it was bigger than I thought when done I used these two beloved green prints. They seemed to work well with all the scrap strings.
I used an orphan block I had hanging around in my sewing room. It was an improv spool but with the extra strings on it,it could be a hour glass time piece.
This quilt is heavy. I feel like I lightened my quilty scrap load with this one. :)
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts HERE