Bright spot - a modern d9p finish
Last year some of my lqg members got together for a sew day and they made up kits to make Kristy Daum's moderized d9p (disappearing 9 patch). I didn't make it that day but knew I wanted to give it try. She has an easy tutorial to try and it is fun to play with colors. My other lqg decided to make this for our outreach project and I played with some colors that I thought would be fun ...so this is my sample. Our charity quilt project is a bit different but the colors are the same.
The back is all crayola color names. Love the look of this fabric. I only have a tiny bit left.
Had a little fun out and about for a photo shoot...until the man on the tractor came that is!
In this landscape you can see why I came up with "Bright spot" for the name of this quilt. :)
This quilt was one I started back a few months ago and I was all excited to try doing the quilting in the baptist fan style. Armed with a brand new blueline pen and template I marked the whole quilt. Then dove into quilting and quickly found I had to go many different directions with my home machine, mainly backwards for a few inches on each curve. Not so good on getting smooth lines that way. So 20 hours of ripping later I am back to a clean slate and ended up doing simple diagonal organic ribbons.
Bonus, I rinsed the whole thing in water to get the blue out and it came out!!!!! Woot!
Linking up with Amanda Jean @ crazymomquilts for finish friday
Sarah@ confessions of a fabric addict can I get a whoop whoop