Empowered

Yesterday I figured out something.  I have been sewing for years and have actually completed some things while others tend to the UFO variety.  I found that when I just complete the simplest thing I feel empowered. When you feel empowered you feel invincible and you can do anything.  I think this is the best way to end a year and to begin a year. 

So with that said I set up a design wall in my sewing room.  I have this quilt I started back in July made out of Kaffe Fassett fabric.  I think it is mostly his 2010 fabric.  The pattern is called "Bordered Diamonds" from his book "Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts".  The kit I purchased from Material Girl Fabrics in Grand Island, NE.


My camera skills I hope to improve on this coming year.  I think you get the idea thought.  I just love the ease of using a design wall. Mine is made out of an old piece of insulation board my husband had in storage.  I covered it with an old piece of twill sportswear fabric I had in my stash.  Up-cycled and free to me. Why did I wait so long? Time to get working on that quilt!

Comments

Hi Kris, I love this pattern with the Kaffe Fassett materical. I was borned and raised in Bellevue, Nebr. I live in Dallas,OR and have 2 quilt blogs(Quilting Sew Much Fun and Quilting at Mistletoe Hollow). I enjoyed your blog.
this design is very beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!