WIP Wed - improv

Okay I admit that might be a long shot. In my mind this looks like a heart but to my husband...nada! So this is a block that I am using for a challenge that requires hearts. I wanted to do something improvish so I have been messing with these dots and solids to come up with something fun and new for me.

Do you think it looks like a heart?  Some of my blocks are a bit more squared so not as obvious but still I was so happy with my progress until I asked my husband!! :P

Linking up with WIP Wed @ Freshly Pieced and
Let's Bee Social @Sew Fresh Quilts

Comments

the zen quilter said…
Well, I really love the fabrics. And I see the heart, too! I love it
!
carla said…
Hi!!!! Never ask hubbies!!!!! Ha!!!!! Well sometimes they get it!!!!! I do ask mine sometimes and if he agrees then good, and if he doesn't I go on with it anyway!!!!!! Hee hee!!!!! I don't really listen to anyone who doesn't like it!!!!!!! I see the heart and love the improv!!!!!!!
If ever there was an improv heart, you have made it! It is cute!
Patchwork Polly said…
I think your stylised heart will stand out wonderfully amongst a lot of traditional heart shapes. And you're using Amy Butler fabric (I can sniff her stuff out from miles 'cause I love it so) which is always a winner!
Lorna McMahon said…
Sure it does look like a heart! But then again.... I see Mickey Mouse, too. Hmmm... I think it's great that you are going with an improv style. And the block turned out beautifully, Kris!

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass