Doing my thing, MIA and WIP

Helloooo Hellooooo Helloooo.....is anyone still there?  It has been so long. I have been mia but working on various projects. Some not worthy of pics like my husbands work truck seat cover, though made from upcycled jeans, not photo worthy!  I have been working on various quilt blocks for some group projects in some of my guilds. 



HST for some diamond blocks that will be made into an opportunity quilt for one of my guilds.  The hst's were super fun to make.  I also worked on some  heart blocks for PULSE in Orlando. Both Modern guilds I am in were making some.  The left over hst's that fell off the heart went into the diamond block above. I could not help but play with the tiny hst's that fell off too.....a mini diamond!!!! love it so much. 



I took a pic of a stack of various sized squares I cut from a big back of scraps donated to me of flannel. 


I took a pic because the stacks were high (can't see that from this angle now can you?) silly. Anyway this was back breaking and took much of a day. I have piles of strips and piles of smaller rectangles that fell out of the various square sizes. All ready for something???

Then had some fun time.  Libs Elliot came to the International Quilt Study Center and Museum to see her quilts that are on display right now. So fun. Loved meeting her and seeing her fun quilts.  

Then next day....it was Weight of Love class time for my other guild. Libs was so fun and we had a very productive day. 

Showing us her techniques.  She had a cool experience staying on a goat farm in a tiny house while here. I told her that when she goes back to Canada to not say we made her stay with goats but it can truly be a unique experience when you come to Nebraska so sure, spread the word. 

My progress on Weight of Love. This quilt is so fun to make and I put a lot of thought and collecting time into these fabrics. This is a love story and will share more when I get going on it.  Takes me about 30 minutes to sew a row on. Hope to get faster but I have only a few left. 

So that is some of what has been going on. OH My Hello Kitty  baby quilt is going to Quilts for Kids. We had a bit of a challenge lately to get those panel pieces out and get them finished. I just simply added borders and quilted it free flowing organic lines. So simple but cute.  

Oh and I made a simple nightie for myself out of some old knit fabric from my stash. Not worthy of a pic but I will just say my old one was in tatters. :(

linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts HERE
and
Show off Saturday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!