PQ 10.4 Shake it Off!


"Shake it Off" 
28.25" x 29.25" (could be where I went wrong)
Five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes of sewing....um? 
just kidding!!!
She is made of 7 shades of gray and 3 shades of red
There are 1179 pieces cut to make 558 pieces for the 279 hst blocks and another 621 1.5" squares cut for a total of 900 1.5" blocks!
Made in Ne. completed only because a blizzard rolled in yesterday when I was ready to give up.  :)

One week challenge for Project Quilting hosted by Kim at Project Quilting Season 10. 4 which Trisha (quiltchicken) came up with Pixel Play. If you know me you know I love a good pixel quilt. 

I am intentionally leaving my photos small because for this pixel piece it is best to see it from as far away as possible......really even if you squint you can see how much more of a photograph this looks like. Try it!!! Thumb nail size is best. 


So I said we had a blizzard yesterday remember? I knew I needed some photos of my girl as far away as possible so I trudged though calf high snow to the back fence. You can get a pretty good idea of how she looks!!

Playing in the snow...haha


Piecing pics....yikes! Yes she is a pieced. I ended up with seams more like 1/8" because of all the thick seams with the extra bulk of hst!

yep....1" finished squares. Not all hst cooperated so I have some missing points but give me a break...it was one week!


Most of the solid squares lined up beautifully. However, somewhere I got a little wonky and my finished piece is a little more wonky then I would like. 


9 big blocks of 100 gives you a better idea of how this sewed up. (excuse my messy room)


Up close before she was quilted. I decided to do a simple monopoly straight line quilting just top to bottom as she is a bit wonky. Might have to take time to try and block her in the future. Not now...not for a while probably!


There she is in my dining room (again a messy room sorry not sorry) Before I decided I had to take her outside I tried to get her from afar inside. I think you get the just of it. 

So there it is .....one week one small quilt which I think I am going to double dip and use her for my challenge quilt for my lqg challenge of just using solids. 

linking up with Persimon Dreams. Please go check out her page and see all the quilts. They will be open for voting later today. 

and linking with Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict
and
NTT at My Quilt infatuation
and
Show off Saturday with Sew Can She HERE

Comments

gin said…
You are a genius! This is magnificent. It’s beautiful on the fence out in the snow from afar. It’s stunning!
Amy said…
Wow! I like that you took far away pictures because they really show the details! I suppose that’s how puxelscwork, but it seriously looks like a real photograph!
Katie said…
It really does get better the further away you get! Closer up, I thought you'd done something wonky and off, but after you trudged through the snow for us, I see what a wonderful piece you've made!
Vasudha said…
This is awesome! It's amazing how different it looks close up and from afar. I just love that picture in the snow on the fence. It's so poetic.
PersimonDreams said…
so impressive! Crazy how much the distance makes! Great work!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...