Sunset Strip

Out of the doom and gloom of this winter that seems to never end.....
my UFO finish

Sunset Strip
27" x 35" 
Strip set score from Sherri Lynn Wood book - The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters
Aurifil thread pieced and grainline improv quilting


The score is to make strip sets and then create from there. My limitations were the 2 colors of blue and yellow. I made strip sets of blues, yellows and one slightly mixed. I evidently felt I needed some blue waters and sunshine in this bleak winter because that is what it turned into. 


I played around with some thread colors because I finally had some various shades of Aurifil to use. Then I sort of did this flame grainline type quilting. I like the texture but it did stretch the quilt out a tiny bit. I had to block it when I was done to get it into shape. 



I chose to use up as much of the leftover pieced strips I could. I thought I did but then when I was cleaning up I found a small stirp set on the floor so used some of it in the label.  :)


If you know me you know I am partial to sun _____ just about anything. I guess I needed this one to ward off the long winter we are having. I can dream of warm waters anyway. 

Excited to say that I had this project in a bag for a while. Lots of fabric was in there not able to go back into my mainstream quilt fabrics. Now they are have been released.  Another UFO bites the dust. 

Linking up to Let's Bee social HERE 
and
and
Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict HERE

Comments

Your Strip Score is a glorious success!!
Mari said…
This makes me really, really ready for summer! Beautiful work.
Wonderful sunny improv. Sun is on the way. I have the same book and have not tried much yet but hope to this year.

Popular posts from this blog

P.Q. 15.4 Hourglass

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.2 - Sky color -All Glory