Eternal Moment Test Quilt



Here is my test quilt of "Eternal Moment" pattern by Simone of Simone Quilts. This pattern is currently in Make Modern Magazine issue 32.

 I wanted a rainbow theme for the orange peels and used up some scrappy low volume pieces for the background. 


 Lots of orange petals. I didn't want to raw edge them so I used freezer paper templates and starch to turn each petal. 
Laying out some of the petals to see how they look behind the giant orange peel was so much fun. 
I kept stopping to take more pictures of the progress because once all the little work was done this quilt top came together really quickly. 

I love the texture of the mix of background fabrics. 
I wish I would have gotten this quilted before Simone's pattern was released but I have done very little sewing with my current eye issues. I look forward to getting to it though hopefully this year. 

Recently my black and white mini There's A kind of Hush was accepted into Curated Quilts Magazine. 

 It is so exciting to see your own quilt in a magazine!
Also, 
one of my quilts is on display this month at the Burkholder Project Gallery. Thanks to friend and fellow quilter Laura my quilt Closer to You was dusted off and hung.
 I am thankful that even though I am laid up a bit I was able to share these exciting things with you. 

linking up with Love Laugh Quilt - Monday Making 
and Oh Scrap

Comments

Sophie Zaugg said…
Congratulations on having your mini featured in CQ magazine! It looks great! I love your Improv quilt. It's cool to have an opportunity to exhibit it.

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Flowering Lonestar test and Giveaway!