H2H -Hometown Hero plus 1- To be a star


67 x 72
pattern by Tony Jacobson
Quilted by my friend Steph Jacobson

I really wanted to give a quilt to a 'Hometown Hero' as part of Sarah's quilt drive for Hands to Help 2021 (@ confessions of a fabric addict) I made a baby quilt for Little Lambs which you can see HERE. My mission now was to figure out how to find a hero for this quilt. 
Before Covid in my lqg I was assigned a quilt partner, sort of a mentor/mentee kind of thing. I knew my partner worked at a local hospital and so I reached out to her to see if she knew someone on staff that needed a little love and comfort, not to mention a pat on the back for tireless work well done! Well she thought of someone right away. 
 

My lovely quilt partner Jean on the L and our honoree on the right, Nina Redl the hospital chaplain.  Nina worked throughout covid last year going from patient to patient attending to their families and coordinating resources for communication on ipads or whatever was needed. While many heroes during last year work on their own unit only, Nina worked them all. 
 



I found a quote by Napoleon Hill that I thought was perfect for the back label. 
"To be a star you must 
shine your own light, 
follow your own path and
 don't worry about the darkness
for that is when the stars 
shine brightest."

Jean invited some of the nurses to be in on surprise and they agreed it felt great to honor this woman for her works. 
I did not forget about Jean, as she too is a hero working through the pandemic. Since we were quilting partners I know she was practicing to free motion quilt so I gave her a quilted notebook for her to practice in. 

This was such a great project to participate in. I want to thank Sarah from Confessions of a Fabric Addict for her coordination of this quilt drive every year. Another hero if you ask me! 


linking up with Confessions of a fabric addict H2H

Comments

what a wonderful gift for a wonderful person!
Super sweet of you to make a gift for your friend along with your Hometown Hero quilt! I agree that Sarah is a hero, too, for all the work she puts into running H2H.
Carol E. said…
Gorgeous quilt! Way to go!
Sarah Craig said…
A truly lovely quilt, and a star for a star! Hospital chaplains are often unsung heroes, and you did a good thing by recognizing her.
Jean Swenson said…
Such a beautiful quilt and a heart-warming story.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Remember when