Sisters to the rescue


I have been feeling like I am not getting much done these days. I get a spurt to finish a UFO and then I think I am going to ride the wave of accomplishment and then....nada! I am working on a couple slow big stitch pieces and they are sloooooow going.haha. 
I was feeling the need to accomplish something for good so I arranged a sisters gathering around one sisters birthday. 4 of us got together with machines in tow and put together the blocks I had buried a while back. 


I had 3 kits from Quilts for Kids ready to go. One actually was a kit from the local organization that a fellow quilter could not get to so she gave it back to me. Instead of returning it undone I decided to get r dun and 
make 2 more kits up and finish from my stash pile. 


Simple quilting to finish.


These are the blocks from a tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew I love to use because it is so versatile. 


My yard is torn up a bit but managed some so so pics. :)

After all that I sat down and enjoyed some homemade jelly that one of my sisters made from fruit juice my mom had in her freezer from years ago. Call me crazy but the jelly was quite yum.....especially the chokecherry!!!



linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict HERE
and
My Quilt infatuation NFF HERE

Comments

Ramona said…
Your quilts are so fun and cheery. How nice that you and your sisters get together and sew!
Rose said…
How lucky you are to have your sisters near enough to get together and that they have the same interest in quilting. I love the wonky squares from Cluck Cluck Sew tutorial.
You certainly have a lot to be proud of with all these finished quilts! Good job.
Super fun and happy quilts. I'm sure they'll be joyfully snuggled.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain