P.Q. 13.3 scraps from the kitchen


This weeks Project Quilting over at Persimon dreams blog is 13.3 = Kitchen Influence
45"x 45"
Quick Curve ruler pattern called Chic Picnic

My challenge piece came about because I want to work through my scraps, by patterns and my rulers this year.  I didn't look far to find that I had Sew Kind of Wonderfuls Quick Curve ruler pattern called Chic Picnic and decided that was 'kitchen influenced'. 

In the week between challenges I was working on cleaning up some baggies of scraps. 

I have piles of bags and cases of scraps. I started on the black and white etc scraps cutting them up into usable bits before the challenge started. When the challenge came out I decided to see what partial FQ's and what not I had that could be cut up into scrappy goodness. I happened to find a shoe box in the corner that had just what I needed. I added some blenders and made it work. 

All the remaining bits of those FQ's I used on the back and binding. All scrappy goodness AND I used scrap batting too!


I almost like the back better on this one but not quite. I tried my hand once again on some freemotion quilting but it sort of made this fluffy. I had to block it a little bit because I left some areas not quilted. 


I didn't do too bad but a few puckers here and there. The main thing is I used up the scraps and it is perfect for a picnic for two. 

Linking up with Kim over at Persimon Dreams for PQ 13.3 HERE
and 
Laura @ Slice of Pi
and 
and 
Alyssia @quiltygirl 
and 
and
and

Comments

THAT!!! is fabulous!!
The front and the back!!
and in only a week - you should be really proud!!
Jen said…
Another awesome finish! This one is so cheerful, I love it!
Great job on the quilt AND quilting, Kris!!
Great job, only we notice the puckers. It is so cheerful and I love that blue background. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet