WIP 3 done


Yay for me...another WIP bites the dust!
This is the plaidish quilt tutorial by Erica @ Kitchen Table Quilting
Such a fun quilt to do and mindless sewing of scraps except for light and dark. 
64" x 84" approx
scraps, serpentine quilting


I was not sure I could quilt it myself so I tried to keep it simple. I used the serpentine stitch on my machine and with the help of the stitch in the ditch walking foot followed the lines. I did really good checking the back for tucks etc until the end of the rows. So of course I have a few at the end of the rows..ha


Luckily the back is pretty busy and most you can't see only feel. sigh.....



It is crinkly now because of that stitching and I hope when I wash it it will be even more!

started in 2019 and made top 2020 and finished 2022...whew

Linking up with Cynthia @ Oh Scrap 
NTT with Kelly @My quilt infatuation
Midweek makers @HERE 
Jennifer @Wed. Weight loss

Comments

Preeti said…
It is a glorious finish and a beautiful sunny day for pictures too. Plaidish has been on my list for a while. Not see, only feel - seems like a good idea today. It is Valentine's Day and my head is full of naughty thoughts. Hope you get to snuggle under this loveliness!!!
Debbie said…
oh this turned out SO good! It's a super fun pattern and yay for you for quilting it yourself.
i SO love how this one turned out!! Your scrappiness is just perfect!!!! and the quilting lets the quilt shine through - great job!!!
Lisa C said…
Sometimes I really don't want to baste a quilt (to me the worst step) but once I'm done with that step, I'm happy I saved the longarm quilter money. But it is nice to splurge and have one done for me occasionally.
Wow, love your Plaidish!!! Your quilting looks perfect from here. Great photos, too. That is the ultimate scrap quilt--I like how you did your colors!
Sheri said…
Beautiful!! I've been wanting to make one of those. Nice photo display too!
Debbie said…
Very pretty. I really like the product of your time and efforts. The plaid look is really awesome. Congrats on your finish.
That is so pretty! I love the Plaidish design, but haven't tried it myself. The serpentine quilting is perfect for it, too!
Congratulations on your super fun scrappy quilt finish, Kris!!
Absolutely gorgeous! Love the setting you found for your photos. Really sets off the quilt. thanks for sharing your quilt on Wednesday Wait Loss. Welcome!
Turid said…
This is beautiful.
Kay said…
This turned out great! I've been trying to decide on a scrappy pattern to make for a friend, and I think this is it. She doesn't like anything too feminine. and plaidish looks like it will be perfect. thanks for sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

I am...