I'm calling this "Winners Circle"


UFO no more! I went looking in my stash for fabric for a backing for a quilt I am working on between Project Quilting. I saw an odd print in a bag and thought it has some different colors in it..I sat looking at it then thought wonder if it would go with a quilt top I made .........um, in 2014 HERE as a QAL for Sharon @Colorgirl quilts 


I completed the quilt top back then and promptly folded it up and put away. It has lots of bias pieces and probably one of my first serious attempts at sewing lots of curves. All in all it was not too bad. The borders of Kaffe scraps was fun to do but a bit tricky to sew a curve onto. 




I'm really going to call it 'Winners Circle' even though the pattern is Polka Dot Bikini. I really felt like a winner today sewing on the label. I mean 9 years in the making!! Woohoo
Approx. 64" x 64"
simple cross grid quilting

I am so happy that I took the moment and just finished this little one. I hope you feel like a winner with whatever you are working on too!

linking with : 
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts for Design wall mondays
and
sew and tell @ Melva loves scraps
and
Monday Musings @ Songbird designs
and

Comments

Miaismine said…
What a beautifully colorful quilt! It is so pretty! The pattern is so pretty! Your first curvy sewing project came out lovely! I love the backing fabric. It’s definitely a winner!
Peggy Stockwell said…
That is awesome! Congrats on such a beautiful finish! I absolutely love the story and the finish!
Carol Andrews said…
Congratulations on getting Winner's Circle finished. It is a real treasure. I love the bright happy fabrics. Well done on getting a UFO out, done and in the daylight. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Hope you are having a good time working this week on another fun project.
A great finish! And so creative! Wahoo!
Winner's Circle is definitely a winner in my book! Thanks so much for linking up at Monday Musings. This is a great finish!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

Remember when

I am...

Japandi - a bee quilt