Scrap Adventure


Yesterday my friend Jen and I got together to soak up some street art. I happened to have a few quilts I needed to post about so it was perfect.  Jen found this great wall and so I made her be my quilt holder. 

This one is a scrappy coin improv quilt. 
42"X 49"
organic wavy line quilting


You would think a lot of scraps were used but...not so much. 


There she is (Jen) in this cool alley she found. 


Another scrappy finish. This one a UFO from a year couple years ago.
50"x 59"
scrap made fabric then set in the circle (so fun)
cross square straight line quilting

Another cool mural wall with a giant frog. 


I should name it Peek-a-boo just for Jen!
Again some scraps but not a lot.


One thing Jen wanted to do was an activity with paint chips. We headed out to a couple places and found some fun colors.....um, quilt colors of course. 
We were to somehow make a poem though so using the names of the paint chips here goes.....
"Starting today, as the sun goes down
the lovely orchids in the garden harbor
make me laugh.
A breeze kisses my face
soft as butterfly wings
I eat a glazed peach, so sweet 
like cupcake sprinkles.
Let's have a party or 
a holiday in Barbados and watch
the briny frosted emerald waters
rejuvenate the patchwork of our 
valentine hearts."

Okay that was a bit tricky but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Now maybe a small quilt project out of those yummy colors???  we'll see...




What a fun day!

linking up with O Scrap with Quilting is more fun than housework
and
so scrappy at Scrap Happy
and


Comments

Jen said…
I'll go to Barbados with you!! I love this whole post! Your poem is so lovely, too. Hmm what kind of shenanigans can we cook up next?? 😁
Melva said…
What great quilts and the perfect backdrops for the photos. Thanks for sharing with Sew & Tell. :)
Helenchaffin said…
what a cute idea using paint chips to match fabric, your quilts are beautiful,luv how they blend into the background wall ,makes them look like they were inspired by the wall
Congrats on those awesome scrappy quilt finishes and have fun with your paint chip projects!! SEW glad that you enjoyed a great day with your friend!

Popular posts from this blog

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1