Scrappy sewing


The last 7 days I did a quick scrap friendly sew along with Plains and Pine #wildstarsal on instagram. 

We made scrappy diamonds and then we were supposed to sew the background but I didn't have quite enough so had to improvise. 

I have a ton more scraps but every little bit ...right?



I have a bunch of this lovely vip calico fabric that worked great for a foundation for my scraps. It is very thin so the bulk barely is noticed when I quilted. 



I hardly use decorative type stitches on my machines so thought I would try this multi-stitch zig zag. 


I thought since this was called Wildstar that it should be out in the wild but it was very cold and windy today so not such a good idea. 

39"x 38" after shrinkage
stash scraps and grunge
diamond straight line quilting

Linking up 

Comments

Kate said…
Every scrap that makes it into a project does count, but it still doesn't seem to stop what's left from growing somehow. A great finish, very bold and bright.
Melva said…
What a beautiful scrappy quilt! Thanks for joining Sew & Tell.

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway