P.Q 14.3 block 54-40 or Fight



This week is another Project Quilting season 14 challenge 14.3 based off a block called 54 -40 or Fight. I see it has a few other names one including 54-40 Flight or Fight. Still that is only a part of my inspiration. 


We could use the block or be inspired by something. I really like the V blocks but wanted to add a curve to them so naturally since I am a certified instructor of the QCR (quick curve ruler by Sew kind of Wonderful) I looked there and what did I find? a pattern called Gaggle Battle quilt. 


Mine is a little smaller than the pattern

47" x 47" 

stash fabrics 4 variegated 

Organic crosshatch quilting


Reached into my backing supply stash and found this fun print that matched most of the 4 colors on the front. I really like how those leftover pieces of red and peach played together. It is hard to see in this photo. 


Pictures outside were almost impossible. I almost caught a huge gaggle of geese flying by but a car was coming down the road. ha


Linking up with Kim @Persimon Dreams

and 
For the Love of Geese Put your foot down
and
Confessions of a Fabric addict Whoop Whoop
and



Comments

Danice G said…
Very pretty quilt. Your take on the block is so fun and creative.
Fun variation on the triangles!
That is a great variation on the block. I too stayed away from rectangles this week.
PersimonDreams said…
This is incredible! LOVE the twist!

Popular posts from this blog

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

P.Q. 15.6 theme Irish chain