ALYoF Jan and Finish it Friday



Two words about this photo shoot...Windy and Weeds!  Dry sticks actually. I clomped through some pretty sketch areas but really it was an excuse to enjoy the superb weather that day. I was not going to try to shoot this quilt out of doors but 58 degrees called to me. :)
So my January A Lovely Year of Finishes = The Bead quilt. I think I am going to call it paper beads. It reminds me of the magazine print roll up beads I used to make as a kid.
A Lovely Year of Finishes
The more I walked the cooler the areas there were to explore. 
Back from my walk...see the crinkly goodness? This is a simple wavy line quilting that I thought would sort of add to the abacus spinning on the bars. Eh, not sure if it worked but I like how crunchy it is.

Urban Abacus Quilt Pattern from SewKindofWonderful  using the Quick Curve Ruler
Size = 50 x 60 approx.
pieced and quilted with Aurifil 2600 my fav
Wavy stitch on my sewing machine used for quilting
All scraps and stash except for the mint green which is Matrix (love)

Linking up with A lovely year of finishes HERE
and Finish it up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts and
over to with guest hose Leanne from Devoted Quilter
and IMG_0279.JPG with Project Leasa!

Forgot to add link to original goal post HERE
 

Comments

Frederika said…
What a pretty quilt. I love these colors and fabrics
Snowcatcher said…
What a great color scheme and pattern! Had not seen this design before, and you've made it very attractive!
Leanne Parsons said…
I remember making those paper beads too! Your quilt does resemble them. You did a beautiful job with it. Thanks for linking with TGIFF!
RobinSue said…
The quilt is beautiful! I love the serpentine stitching. It really crinkles the quilt to be soft and cuddly. I'm tempted to try the QCR after seeing your quilt.
This is a beautiful quilt. I like how you pieced your binding while matching up a piece of the mint green binding with the mint green strip on the backside.
Lisa J. said…
I love your quilt and your photo shoot. The quilting works really well.
Lynette said…
Hey! Super fabulous finish. I love this pattern, and yours turned out so pretty.
Jen said…
The weather was so nice the other day wasn't it? I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. I just love the color and design of this quilt! Your photos are cool too!

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Online Quilters Meet and Greet

My turn on the New Blogger Blog Hop

Finish it up Friday and S'more Love Giveaway

Project Quilting Season 5 - #1